I have come to realize…..after 13 years in the Carpet Cleaning business… that a lot of http://somethingtodiscover.com/sitemap/ our success in bringing Carpets back to life depends on what happens before we arrive. Carpet is expensive to replace! Use these tips to keep it looking great and make it last longer.
- Walk-off mats should be used at the exterior of all entrances. They can help trap the excessive dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil that would otherwise be tracked into your home. Mats should also be cleaned on a regular basis so they don’t become sources of soil themselves.
- cost of atrovent inhaler Use walk-off mats in High Traffic areas Inside too. Any place you have lots of traffic will wear your carpet fibers more. Places where Tile meets Carpet, in front of Dad’s favorite chair and hallways can really take a beating. You can always pick them up when company comes over revealing the lovely clean carpet underneath.
- Use a quality pad under your carpet, particularly on stairs. A good carpet pad not only gives better resilience and comfort underfoot, it can extend the life of your carpet.
- Move heavy furniture occasionally to avoid excessive pile crushing. Also, use floor protectors designed for carpet under the legs of tables, chairs, and other furniture to help distribute the weight.
- Protect carpet when moving furniture (pianos, buffets, etc.) by using furniture movers. Placing a protective barrier of heavy cardboard or putting plywood between the wheels and the carpet can prevent damage.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds, shades or awnings.
- see url The most important step in caring for your carpet is vacuuming. Vacuum carpet thoroughly and frequently, particularly in high-traffic areas. Realize that walking on soiled carpet allows the soil particles to work their way below the surface of the pile where they are far more difficult to remove and can damage the carpet fibers. Frequent vacuuming removes these particles from the surface before problems occur. Also, change the vacuuming direction occasionally to help stand the pile upright and reduce matting.
Finally…….and you knew this was coming…..but it is true……. Having your Carpets professionally cleaned regularly will always extend their life. New carpets today are made to last…and can if you take care of them. Don’t let your carpet “ugly” out long before it “wears” out. Use the tips above and call us when you are ready to Clean. http://sessiontapes.com/2014/04/19/ 830-248-1264 www.prestigefloorcare.com